Friday, July 19, 2013

I don't know shit....

I don't know shit...


I know, not the best title for a blog post...but seriously, when it comes to real life, I don't know shit. I'm a middle aged man that still browses (and makes purchases) from the toy aisle, reads comic books, gets far too excited about movies involving dismemberment and giant monsters. I still play in the world of filmmaking, writing, acting and countless creative outlets that help me express myself in some sort of way...


I made the trip to the movies to see Pacific Rim this past weekend. Why was I like an 8 yr old when watching? Simple...I was introduced to Moble Suit Gundam in the mid 80's by accident and never stopped loving the series. My childhood was also, highly influenced by Godzilla...especially watching Godzilla vs King Kong. Do we see the pattern here? Giant Monsters vs Giant Robots is my happy place.


Going into the theater I was so excited (actually for over a year) so the film had a lot of pressure on it from me. The action starts right away and I loved every minute of it. Without reviewing or spoiling the movie...I LOVED it. It has some flaws but I don't care. I figure by titling this blog the way I did, people wont tell me how bad my taste is by loving this film (not that I give a shit anyways). I plan on heading to the movies to see it again tomorrow. Very excited.


Also, I took up drawing again. In the late 80's I did a lot of graffiti and it was a fantastic creative outlet. Drawing gives me freedom and let's me and the paper share something. I'm about 2 weeks in and so far, so good. It takes time. If you follow me on Instagram, I post a lot there of the drawings there.


My 1st true love
My latest short film "baggage" is just about done. The dvd will be released on Aug 16th at Monster-Mania Con. Plus, people can still grab a copy online or the numerous places we will be until the end of Oct. I'm very proud of everyone's work and the drive to make this film surpass all expectations I had. Very excited for people to see it. It's the complete opposite of No Clowning Around....speaking of NCA...stay tuned..more news will be coming soon regarding it.


I've really been reading a lot of comics lately. Which made me think of the first comic that I remember being one that I read over and over....and over. I was a HUGE fan of the Uncanny X-Men series in the early 80's, starting with issue #136. But, the one comic I loved in that time frame was X-Men #150, the annual. I remember carrying it around, reading and really falling in love with comics at that time. I wish more people gave comics a try...it's a whole other world. Plus, as a film maker, it allows others to tell these stories that studios would never make. Head to a comic shop and start reading. 

Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment