Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Inspiration - where does it come from?

Inspiration - where does it come from?


The other day, a Facebook friend asked this question...man, it made me think. Certainly, I'm no artistic authority or any type of thought provoking guru...I can only talk about my own inspiration. Everyone is inspired differently and affected by experiences their own way. I have gone through different shades of inspiration in my timeframe. Only the last several years have I put any type of effort into transferring my thoughts into a visual spot. From comedy to horror...my brain has been on overdrive. I find inspiration changes and shifts focus as my life changes.




My inspirations change from books to character portrayals and even from life experiences. For a time period, I was all about the comedy. I would study about what worked, delivery and even the physical aspects. I wanted to be the best at what I was attempting to do..even if I failed..haha. The last year, my inspiration has come from sadness and depression. Life wasn't so good, so why not use that experience to look for a way to create? That's what I did..I wrote, I studied, I worked hard. 


Trust me, before you think I'm tooting my own horn or believe I created some masterpiece, that's not the case. When you create...you hope for happiness. You hope it becomes all you want and more...that's what happened for me. I can only share my side of the story. I wrote my feelings into a script and got off my ass and made something. People took a risk and believed in me...for that, I'm forever grateful. You have to come to terms of accomplishment from your creation. I made it for me.


See! Even he is working on something...
Currently, I'm working on a film titled "baggage" and my inspiration has, of course, switched gears. I'm looking into other character portrayals for guidance. I'm, again, studying and putting 110% into this role. I want to make it the absolute best and do this story, justice. 


A lot of times, I think blogging is a form of calling myself out..challenging myself. I figure if I put it out there, I have to follow through and bust my ass to be my best and not put out subpar effort. So, needless to say, I am working hard to be my best. If, by any slim chance it inspires some other sad, unmotivated nerd to get up and create...then I guess it's all worth it. 


Regardless what inspires you..where it comes from or what you set out to do..be your best!

No comments:

Post a Comment