Monday, February 18, 2013

Small Business Marketing found in weird spot!

Small Business Marketing found in weird spot!


Let's face it, I am a small business. I am a film maker, writer and actor. I host several podcasts, host events and take a lot of shit.... so I need a way to let people know what I'm are up too. The biggest question is - how do I do that?



I always claim to be the "Social Media Whore" or some sort of social media expert, but just like you, I am always trying to find the best way to get the message out. Social Media is the tip of the iceberg and like I've said so many times before, it's not the only way. 


Several months ago, I took a chance on a new podcast to listen too (honestly, I listen to a lot to up my game and see what's out there). Being a comedy fan, I was aimed in the direction of "Connected Comedy". Quite frankly, I really want to be a stand up comedian and I figured this show might give me insight to get out of the shadows and do something...but upon listening...I found out more than I could ever hope for. (btw..I'm still lurking in the shadow's)


The "Connected Comedy Podcast" is really a tool for comedians that are looking for ways to promote themselves and they discuss countless avenues to take to reach what path you're looking for. From email marketing to having exactly what you should have on a business card. Better way to design a website and things to add, that really help push what you want pushed. Help with bookings, dealing with promoters and how to host your own event. Online marketing..the list goes on and on.


For instance, I'm using one of their recommendations now, taking a minute and writing more. Sure, it doesn't seem like much but if it drives one new person to follow me on twitter, possible listen to my podcasts or even buy my movie, then how great of a chance it that? Like I've said, the podcast is aimed at comedians but it's so much more than that. Each week I listen, I learn something else...seriously. Josh Spector, Jordan Cooper, Chelsie Rice and Josh Homer plus the rest of the crew often debate and question each other's methods, often bringing up more good ideas to try. 


So, for all you that ask me the best way to promote yourself...here is a FREE podcast to listen too & take advantage of. It's well worth the listen, seriously, regardless of what you do. This caters to all forms of entertainment and small business and is a valuable listen. Can't recommend enough.

Check out there Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/ConnectedComedians
Their podcast is the same name on iTunes 


2 comments:

  1. Great post and thanks for sharing! I'm a small business owner as well. I'm always on the lookout for better marketing strategies to reach new customers. While I'm big on social media marketing and just started mobile marketing, I still follow traditional marketing practices like utilizing envelope printer for direct mail campaigns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful topic, I really inspired reading on your post for sure I learn more knowledge from there. Thanks for sharing.

    Small business

    ReplyDelete