Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Ted reviewed by someone who talks to Puppets

Ted reviewed by someone who talks to Puppets



Let me start this review off by saying "Hi, my name is Rob..and some of my best friends are puppets!" Anyone that has followed the nonsense I have done over the last 3-4 years has seen plenty of puppets insulting me and it's almost become something that I enjoy. Weird right? 



I missed the theatrical release of Ted, I wanted to see it, but just got sidetracked. Seth MacFarlane is the guy behind this little gem, plus he's the man responsible for the Family Guy series. First, Family Guy and me, we have this love/hate relationship...I go through times that I watch it, like obsessively...while other times, just not having it. Seth's sense of humor is not for everyone; he crosses lines he shouldn't often but also shows his true nerd love for films and TV shows. He has made tributes to Star Wars that I have loved, in fact, some that are nearly shot for shot duplicates. Let's talk about Ted....shall we?



Ted, in a nut shell, is the story about a boy who makes a wish that his Teddy Bear would come to life. He does...except now, it's like twenty years later. It's rude, crude and is a thoughtless film that made me laugh out loud countless times in under two hours. Ted, voiced by MacFarlane is basically Peter Griffin, but unrated and given the opportunity to bring potty humor though the mouth of a teddy bear, which just makes me smile...probably for all the wrong reasons.

I'm not going to sit and critique Mark Wahlberg or Mila Kunis acting, let's be for real about it...it doesn't matter. They were fine. Mila was hot, Mark was his Boston self...great job...moving on...the film is about buddies and sharing a love for something!!



Let me say this "I fkn LOVE Flash Gordon and Sam Jones!!" Chances are, if you weren't a big Sci-fi nerd or didn't grow up during the eighties, a lot of the Flash Gordon referencing will go over your head and will not interest you. For me, Flash Gordon was a staple of my life...sure you could say, it falls into the "so bad it's good" category but, it's so much more than that. Flash Gordon will never be duplicated, it fell into place at the right time period. Ming was a bad ass, his daughter was hot, Flash saved the Universe! Back to Ted.
.

Ted and John (Wahlberg) understand Flash Gordon, it's a bonding topic and memory for them. This film really hits upon the Flash love, for this alone....I LOVED this movie. First, if you haven't seen Flash Gordon, go grab the DVD and watch it. Second, watch Ted right after it. Third, message me and tell me how right I am. Sam Jones marrying you and your bride?? Are you serious? Regardless of what Kim wants, it would totally happen. The essence of this review is really my love for Flash Gordon...haha.

Look, Ted will not be for everyone. Some people won't get it...it's all good. Those Flash Gordon fans will love it..It has some heartfelt moments, a silly plot but damn it...I Loved it!!

"Long live Flash! You've saved your Earth. Have a nice day."

No comments:

Post a Comment