Saturday, December 15, 2012

Madness

Madness


Simply put, Madness is the best way to describe the current situation we are dealing with. The right to go anywhere and feel safe is completely gone. Schools, malls, the movies and even in our own homes are now a gateway to evil and the safety shroud is completely gone. It's truly a mad, mad world we live in.


Yesterday started out as any other day for me, I was looking forward to spending a majority of the day with my wife, shopping for Christmas. Just like everyone else, my day became full of sadness and questions. I'm riding around in Jersey, our car is completely quiet as Kim and I are listening to the radio, reading the info as it develops online and dealing with our own personal thoughts. People take sides, gun laws become a huge discussion online, creating arguments, while some people express their sorrow. 


Is our Constitution outdated? Do these Amendments that everyone holds so close, need to change? Times have changed so much within the last 30 years even, how much has really changed since these rights were written? I'm not on a soapbox or asking for an argument...I'm simply asking...how do we make this stop? Greed plays such a huge part within society, from the Top to the lowest level of politics...it's not a secret. During our last election, I can't tell you how many times I heard people say "I'm voting for the lesser of two evils". What ever happened to voting for someone that wants to help us? When do we, as people, take back this country and take control of what the hell is going on? (sorry if it seems I'm ranting, my mind is mush)


My son asked me yesterday, "How do we fix this?"...sadly...I had no answer. It's not as easy to say we need to tighten gun laws. Look at the drug situation...we have countless drug bans, task force teams and we still have an enormous problem. Drugs are very easy to obtain. As anti-drugs as we are, it's still a big problem. Guns will be no better. I'm tired of hearing "Guns don't kill people, people kill people"...that would be great if guns weren't so accessible to anyone. Maybe WE are the solution.


Yesterday I read a lot of people saying "I just want to hold my child"..I'm completely with you; I was an hour away from mine and it was the first thing I wanted to do as well. Let me ask this question; Are we parenting enough? It's not TV, Video games, movies that are corrupting our kids, maybe it's just US, the parents. Please, don't send me your hate mail today...instead, hug your kid...not just today though, everyday. I'm not a perfect parent, I lose my patience, I yell, I'm human. 


For some, yesterday will sink in...for others, they will move on, forget and remain blind. For those smart ones, they will start to close the gaps between our children and ourselves. We will create a game night, we will make a special day to take our child to lunch, we will turn off the TV, turn off the cell phone, get off the Internet and just talk. Building a bond...maybe this is what we need. I will be the smart one, I will work to love my kids better, I will let them know everyday, just how much I love them. Maybe the old saying, "Broken home creates a broken heart" has validity.


I know this reads all over the place, I'm sorry. I'm very much pro-freedom of speech and to be honest, I believe in the right to bare arms. I also believe in good parenting. My heart breaks for all the families involved. I can only hope that one day, we can all stop, smell the roses and become human again.




No comments:

Post a Comment